Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Quickie: A Thousand Names for Joy


When I like something, I like it alot! I wont drop the subject until I'm tired of hearing about it. Well what I like right now is Byron Katie, I'm hooked! I love doing The Work, I love questioning my thoughts now, and I like the fact that I feel so free, and that The Work constantly brings me back to the moment-to reality.
Now I've stumbled upon another Byron Katie book called A Thousand Names for Joy by listening to an interview with her and her husband. I like the idea of the book because it gives you an ever day account of what it is like to live in Byron Katie's world. What is it like to live in the now, and love everything that is? Well this book will show you.
It is Katie's response to parts of the Tao Te Ching, which I tried to read but couldn't do it. I thought that this book sounded so interesting that I went to the library to read it (I couldn't check out it because something was wrong with my card). And so far, I love it, even though i only read about ten pages. I like that it has examples from Katie's own life.
As soon as I can, I will check this book out from the library!

No comments: