Thursday, November 6, 2008

Managing Stress Class: What is Stress

For the rest of this month, every Monday night at 7pm, I will be attending a stress management class at the Brahma Kumaris Meditation Center (San Francisco).


I've already gone to the first class on Nov. 3rd, and it was amazing!


Everyone in the class was so nice, kind and warm. I already love the little group of nine people that gather around this young (or at least she looks it) woman from India that is here to teach us all about what stress is. But like I said, I really just love the people in the class because everyone is so diverse, and from a different age group.


My favorite quote of the whole class:
Stress is just a messanger that has brought the message something needs to change

Reasons why stress happens:
  • Have forgoten we are responsible for how we feel
  • Have learned to absorb negative images and information
  • Are not able to increase our response rate to keep pace with the rate of change in the world around us

No comments: