Thursday, January 15, 2009

I need to be happy, Is it true?


I used to beat myself up about being happy. "I need to be happy-but I'm not." "I want to be happy-but I'm not." Sometimes, thinking that I needed to be happy hurt allot.



Even today I have a close family member who wants to be happy-but they aren't. If your reality right now is that you are not happy, that is okay. In fact, I am beginning to see that there is more than happy, there is something better than happy, but it is indescribable. No, I don't currently live in the place I'm talking about all of the time, but sometimes I do, and its nice because it does not exist in the world of opposites.



If you are feeling down and you think you should be happy, ask yourself this question, "who would I be without the thought I need to be happy?"


Well, when I ask myself that, I come up with this list:


-peaceful

-content

-steady

-I would not know what happiness was, so there would be nothing to live up to (wow think of the freedom!)

No comments: