Friday, January 16, 2009

Bible Talk-yay! or nay?

I had to think about this before I wrote it because it almost seems like a death sentence, but I figured I might as well write about it because it has been my little insight for the day.

As I begin to realize that I hold the power to my peace and happiness, that I am the one that allows or disallows my well being, that it is ME who holds the power, many of things have begun to clear up for me. For instance, early in the morning I woke up and I thought to myself this quote that Jesus said:

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Suddenly it made perfect sense. If someone was saying this in a present teaching they might have said this:

"I am that, which is freedom and peace and joy. No one can give me these three things except me."

*Before I end I just want to say, I don't claim any religion because I don't. Simple. I did grow up in the Christian church with a Christian family full of preaches and choir singers. So of course I see bibles all of the time, and I pick them up because they are around. But now I see the truth in them. If I was born into any other religion, I just might have picked up another religious text and finding truth in those too.

No comments: