Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December Challenge-Finding My Self

Its a new month!

And that means its time for a new challenge!!!

Just like I did yoga, meditation and tea for a week, I plan on challenging myself in a new way-but this time it will be for the entire month of December.

What is it?

Appropriate and ironic, it is going to be about the name of my blog Finding Myself and Living It.

As I keep moving through my life (well probably for the past week), it dawned on me that I haven't actually been participating in my life fully. Then, I thought back to sooooooooo many examples of where I've never actually been living my life-how sad! Well I want to live in my life fully, and to shine, and enjoy!

It also became clear to me that living my own life has been one of my deepest desires. This has to be the reason why songs like "Living my Life" have touched me so deeply, because its what I really want!

Ways I don't fully live my life:
  • Looking at other people and then wanting what they have, and then giving examples about what they have and what I don't have, so...
  • Comparison
  • Waiting on others to have a good time
  • Thinking my happiness is dependent on something outside of myself
  • Wanting things I don't need

The examples above are ways I don't fully live my life and they, always, always, always take me outside of myself, so that I mentally am living in another life.......so the new challenge of the month is....

To live in my life, HOW? To question my thoughts as they come...WHAT ELSE...to do the full 6 question judge your neighbor worksheet at least once a day (part of the four questions of inquiry).....WHAT IS THE INQUIRY WORKSHEET...check it out on this URL - http://www.thework.com/downloads/JudgeYourNeighbor.pdf

My ultimate goal is freedom! Peace! Happiness! and I honestly don't want it to depend on anyone but ME because in the end I am always with myself! Wish me luck!

No comments: